Thursday, October 30, 2014

Heart

  1. Definition
    1. 1828: The seat of the affections and passions, as of love, joy, grief, enmity, courage, pleasure &c.
      1. Affections (tenderness)
      2. Passions (enthusiasm)
    2. Your heart is where you hold everything you hold dear. If you want to grow a love in or for something or someone, you must first let that thing into your heart.
  2. Quotes from Prophets
    1. “The promises of the gospel are uplifting and ennobling, even exalting. We receive those promises by covenants which are conditioned on our living lives of purity and morality. When we live right and seek to purify our hearts, we draw closer to God and the Spirit. The condition of our heart determines how much evidence of divinity we see in the world now and qualifies us for the eventual realization of the promise that the pure “shall see God.” Ours is a quest for purity.” (L. WHITNEY CLAYTON, General Conference, October 2007)
      1. If we desire to come unto Christ we must first seek him in our hearts. If we allow Christ to control our hearts we can become his disciples.
    2. “I have work to do on my heart—but one thing I do have is a willing heart. I am willing to do anything and everything that I can to help in this great cause. I bear witness that I know this is God’s work. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.” (MONTE J. BROUGH, General Conference, October 1988)
      1. By accepting that we are not perfect and allowing Christ to make us more than we can be by ourselves he will help us to know the truth of the gospel and will help us to achieve perfection.
  3. Scriptures
    1. And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh (Ezekiel 11:19)
      1. As I have stated before, if you allow Christ to dwell inside you, allow him to change you, he will make you better than you could ever be.
  4. Personal Definition
I think that your heart is the place where you store all of your thoughts and desires. It is where you can achieve your full potential. If you let Christ come in and remodel it you can become the best person you can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment