Thursday, October 30, 2014

Grace

  1. Definition
    1. 1828: Favorable influence of God; divine influence or the  influence of the spirit, in renewing the heart and restraining from sin.
      1. Influence (Guidance)
      2. Renewing (Rekindle)
        1. What I gather from this, is that God gives us grace to help us, guide us, and ultimately bring us back to his fold.
  2. Quotes from Prophets
    1. “Repentance exists as an option only because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It is His infinite sacrifice that “bringeth about means unto men that they may have faith unto repentance” (Alma 34:15). Repentance is the necessary condition, and the grace of Christ is the power by which “mercy can satisfy the demands of justice” (Alma 34:16). Our witness is this:” (D.TODD CHRISTOFFERSON, General Conference, October 2011)
      1. Grace is the process by which Christ meets the demands of justice and allows us to return to him again. And to be comfortable there.
  3. Scriptures
    1. “But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.” (1 Corinthians 15:10)
      1. God’s grace is what we should become. We need to allow it to fill us and transform us, make us into what God wants us to be.
    2. “And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble;and my grace is sufficient for all men that  humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.” (Ether 12:27)
      1. As I said before, the grace of God is there to transform us. If we are humble and recognize our flaws before Christ, his grace can fix us and make us what he wants us to be.
  4. Personal Definition
“Grace is the power of God unto salvation”. Grace is God’s infinite lifeline. It is how he can bring us back to him. I know that if you have trust in Christ he will transform you into something better than you could ever become on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment